Thursday, April 12, 2012

Before You Know It

By:Kyle Elden

Before you know it
you smile again
find yourself humming,
singing out loud when alone
a prayer of gratitude spilling from
your lips as you catch the sunrise
spreading light across the morning
soaking the sky with the deepest pink
imaginable
and you know there are a million
ways to hide from your heart
a thousand reasons to be sad or scared
but even more, even more reasons to be
fully alive
to move forward
as the hawks are called forth
to migrate, over and over again,
to wherever there is more bounty

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily, I apologize I only just noticed this comment today. Please e-mail me anytime at k_elden@yahoo.com -- I'd be honored to have you add a link to your site and also to check out your site. Please be in touch :)

    ReplyDelete