Thursday, February 11, 2010

God's Fertile Field

By: Julia Cameron
Transitions: Prayers and Declarations for a Changing Life

.........................

You must do the thing
you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

.........................

Optimism in the face of uncertainty is a difficult art. The terrain of life is varied and mysterious. I cannot always see the path ahead. At times my view is shadowed by doubt, constricted by fear. The open vistas of optimism are closed to me. In such shortsighted times, I must practice the discipline of positive attitudes. I must consciously choose to expect a benevolent future despite my shaken faith. Grounded in the routine of each day's unfolding business, I must act in alignment with my coming good. This means I say "yes" to opportunities for new adventures and acquaintances to enter my life. I say "yes" to unexpected doors opening. Rather than cling to my known life, I allow that life to alter and expand. I choose to take positive risk. I step out in faith despite my misgivings.

.........................

~ Today, I open my mind and heart to the new vistas before me. I embrace and accept unfolding possibilities. I am a fertile field available for God's planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment